1. The RENTER shall keep and maintain the rented equipment during the terms of the rental at his won cost and expense. The RENTER shall keep the equipment in a good state of repair, normal wear and tear excepted.
2. The RENTER shall pay the Calgary Legacy Community Association (CLCA) full compensation for replacement for replacement and/or repair of any equipment which is not returned because it is lost or stolen or any equipment which is damaged and in need of repair to put it into the same condition it was in at the time of rental, normal wear and tear excepted. The CLCA’s invoice for replacement or repair is conclusive as to the amount RENTER shall pay under this paragraph for repair or replacement.
3. The RENTER shall not remove the equipment from the address of the RENTER or the location shown herein as the place of use of the equipment without prior written approval of the CLCA, or a valid booking agreement for equipment that may be signed out (such as snow shoes).
The RENTER shall inform the CLCA upon demand of the exact location of the equipment while it is in the RENTERS’s possession.
4. The equipment shall be delivered/accessed to RENTER and returned to CLCA at the RENTER’s risk, cost and expense. If a periodic rental rate is charged by CLCA, rental charges are billed to the RENTER for each period or portions of the period form the time the equipment is delivered to RENTER until its return. If a term rental rate is charged by CLCA, rental charges are billed to the RENTER for the full term even if the equipment is returned before the end of the term. If the equipment is not returned during or at the end of the term, then the rental charges shall continue on a full term basis for any additional term or portion thereof until the equipment is returned.
5. No allowance will be made for any rented equipment or portion thereof which is claimed not to have been used. Acceptance of returned equipment by CLCA does not constitute a waiver of any of the rights CLCA has under the rental agreement.
6 The RENTER shall not pledge or encumber the rented equipment in any way. The CLCA may terminate this agreement immediately upon the failure of RENTER to make rental payments when due.
7. The CLCA makes no warranty of any kind regarding the rented equipment.
8. RENTER indemnifies and holds CLCA harmless for all injuries or damage of any kind resulting from use of the equipment.
9. The RENTER shall pay all fees, expenses and costs incurred by CLCA in protection its rights under this rental agreement.
10. These terms are accepted by the RENTER upon delivery of the terms to the RENTER or the agent or other representative of RENTER.
11. No allowance will be made for any rented equipment or portion thereof which is claimed not to have been used. Acceptance of returned equipment by CLCA does not constitute a waiver of any of the rights CLCA has under the rental agreement.