building the legacy of a safe, caring, and vibrant community,
where people are connected.
Your Legacy Community Association
Become a Member
Fund + Land Plan
Get to know us
What We Do
We want to foster a sense of community pride and spirit by engaging and representing our diverse neighborhood, through partnerships, programs and services, as well as events that brings us all together.
Community News & Updates
The CALGARY LEGACY COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION (CLCA) is a volunteer organization made up of community members representing residents on community programs and initiatives.
Our goal is to get our community members actively engage and involved, facilitating recreational, cultural, social, athletic and educational activities for residents to enjoy, while providing venues and platforms to build community together.
While our intention is to work close to the LRA – Legacy Residents Association, both organizations have a different purpose and serve our community in different areas that complement each other to make LEGACY our timeless living oasis.
CLCA and LRA
What is the difference between the Legacy Residents Association (LRA) and the Calgary Legacy Community Association (CLCA)?
While our goal is to work close with the Legacy Residents Association, please note that both organizations have a different purpose and serve our community in different areas that complement each other to make Legacy our timeless living oasis.
Calgary Legacy Community Association (CLCA)
An organization formed by the residents of an area:
- To support the social, educational and recreational needs of the neighbourhood.
- To build connections in the neighbourhood through volunteer opportunities, events and programs
- To act as a community liaison in civic matters (planning and development)
- The Community Association can support the addition of new facilities and amenities in the neighbourhood.
- Membership is optional, but your support is key for us to continue delivering events and programs in our community. The CLCA team works hard to give always an added value to its members like business perks, and members VIP status at events.
Legacy Residents Association (LRA)
An organization created with the intent of Augmenting the lifestyle in Legacy.
- Managing and and maintaining enhanced maintenance within the community, including enhanced maintenance of amenities in the community such as Entrance features, ponds, boulevards and medians in an increased level from the City of Calgary standards.
- The Residents Association also enhances the community environment with Christmas lights, temporary skating rinks and the community garden.
- Each home own signed encumbrances on their titles when purchasing a home agreeing to be part of the residents’ association, this includes all multifamily and single family homes.